Apply now for the 2015 scholarships.
Stan Brooks Memorial Scholarships are awarded at least annually. To apply, Student Members
of the New York Press Club need only fill-out and submit the application, below.
The scholarships honor pioneer broadcast newsman, Stan Brooks, who died in December, 2013, ending a 40-year career at the nation's
first all news radio station, 1010 WINS. Stan was a long time member and officer of the New York Press Club.
(Deadline: September 25th, 2015)
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded at this year's Press Club Foundation Conference on Journalism, Saturday, October 3rd, at NYU.
The Stan Brooks Memorial Scholarships are intended to be general purpose and are awarded based upon aptitude and accomplishment
as determined by a New York Press Club Foundation committee of professional journalists.
Requirements for applicants:
Questions may be directed
- Must be a Student Member in good standing of the New York Press Club.
(Click to join).
- Must be in (or entering) a grad or undergrad journalism or communications program at an accredited school.
- Must fully complete and submit the online application by September 25th, 2015.
- Must provide at least one example of journalistic accomplishment (see application form).
- Must attend, without charge, the Foundation's journalism conference on October 3rd to receive the award.
to the scholarship committee by email.