Applications are closed.
Stan Brooks Memorial Scholarships are awarded at least annually. To apply, Student Members
of the New York Press Club need only fill-out and submit the application, below.
The scholarships honor pioneer broadcast newsman, Stan Brooks, who died in December, 2013, ending a 40-year career at the nation's
first all news radio station, 1010 WINS. Stan was a long time member and officer of the New York Press Club.
Applications for 2016 will open mid-summer.
The Stan Brooks Memorial Scholarships are intended to be general purpose and are awarded based upon aptitude and accomplishment
as determined by a New York Press Club Foundation committee of professional journalists.
Requirements for applicants:
Questions may be directed
- Must be a Student Member in good standing of the New York Press Club.
(Click to join).
- Must be in (or entering) a grad or undergrad journalism or communications program at an accredited school.
- Must fully complete and submit the online application.
- Must provide at least one example of journalistic accomplishment (see application form).
- Must attend, without charge, the Foundation's journalism conference on October 3rd to receive the
to the scholarship committee by email.