Applications are closed.
Stan Brooks Memorial Scholarships are awarded at least annually. To apply, Student Members
of the New York Press Club
need only fill-out and submit the application, below.
The scholarships honor pioneer broadcast newsman, Stan Brooks, who died in December, 2013, ending a 40-year career at the nation's first all news radio station, 1010 WINS.
Stan was a long time member and officer of the New York Press Club.
Applications for 2015 will open at the end of summer.
The Stan Brooks Memorial Scholarships are intended to be general purpose and are awarded based upon aptitude and accomplishment
as determined by a New York Press Club Foundation committee of professional journalists.
Requirements for applicants:
Questions may be directed
- Must be a Student Member in good standing of the New York Press Club.
- Must be in (or entering) a grad or undergrad journalism or communications program at an accredited school.
- Must fully complete and submit the online application.
- Must provide at least one example of journalistic accomplishment (see application form).
- Must attend the Foundation's journalism conference to receive the award.
to the scholarship committee by email.