New York Press Club Foundation journalism scholarships are awarded at least annually. Our inaugual scholarships were presented at the Foundation's
Conference on Journalism, September 29th, 2012, at NYU.
Applications for future awards can be made on this page. Availability of future awards will be announced here and in our email newsletter
DONATIONS TO OUR SCHOLARSHIP FUND ARE WELCOMED. Individual donations can be made by clicking "Donate" above. We would be delighted to discuss endowed scholarships with interested individuals and
These rules may change prior to the next round of awards. New York Press Club Foundation scholarships are intended to be general purpose and are awarded based upon aptitude and accomplishment
as determined by a New York Press Club committee of professional journalists.
Requirements for applicants:
Questions may be directed
- Must be a Student Member in good standing of the New York Press Club.
- Must be matriculated in a graduate or undergraduate journalism program at an accredited school.
- Must fully complete and submit the online application by a date to be announced.
- Must provide at least one example of journalistic accomplishment (see application form).
- Must attend the Foundation's journalism conference September 29th to receive the award.
to the scholarship committee by email.
Donations to our scholarship fund are welcomed. The New York Press Club Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and dontations are tax dedictuble to the extent allowed.
All funds received by the fund will be awarded as scholarships to journalism students. The fund does not use any scholarship money for administrative purposes or for any purpose other
than scholarship awards.
If you would like to sponsor a distinct award (in an amount of $2,500 or greater) please contact the Press Club
2012 Inaugural Scholarship Winners:
Fausto Giovanny Pinto
CUNY Graduate School of Journalism ('13)
Jie Jenny Zou
Columbia Journalism Digital Media ('13)
Toni Stabile Investigative Fellow